Thursday, September 12, 2013

Before & After Nightstand

Recently, I was given my old childhood dresser and nightstand, and they sure are in need of some, tlc! lol! So, I decided to refinish them in a sleek black, with brushed nickel accents, and give them to my son.

I have not had the time to start on the dresser but I have finished the nightstand. I really like the way it turned out and really can't wait to tackle the dresser!

I wanted to remove the pulls from the drawer but they were really on tight. I didn't want to risk not being able to put them back on, so I painted them while still on the drawer. Anyway, I knew I had to sand down and clean the outside of the drawer, so it wasn't that big of a deal leaving the pulls in place. To paint all the pulls I used, Krylon Brushed Metallic Satin Nickel.

After I finished the pulls and let them dry, I wiped down the outside of the stand, sanded it a bit and then applied, Krylon Color Creation Acrylic Latex in satin black.



   I'm really pleased with he results, and I love that I can pass down my old childhood furniture, to my son!

BEFORE & AFTER





PAINTS:



<iframe src="http://rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?t=bra0f3-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=B000FPAOGA&ref=qf_sp_asin_til&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>


<iframe src="http://rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?t=bra0f3-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=B001943MGU&ref=qf_sp_asin_til&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

No comments: