Saturday, October 19, 2013

DIY Halloween Pumpkin Candy Treat Box

My son's school is hosting it's first, Trunk-or-Treat, that I am thrilled to be participating. We have slowly been putting our theme together for our decorated trunk, and it is going to be pretty cool! The one thing I was having trouble deciding on was a treat box for the candy. Originally I wanted a cauldron but, of course, I couldn't find one. Then I thought a cute pumpkin bucket AND then the idea hit me, to make my own!

I had a nice cardboard box from a recent delivery that I thought would be the perfect size, and my idea was put into motion.


What you will need:
  • Cardboard box 6 1/2" x 12" (well, this is the size I used because it matched the felt sheets dimensions)
  • 4 sheets orange felt
  • 1 sheet black felt or you could use yellow
  • Spray adhesive
  • scissors
  • pattern for pumpkin face
So basically, this is a very easy project. First, I covered the sides of the box using spray adhesive and some scrap orange felt, I had on hand. Cutting the felt to size, first. Then I covered the front and back in the same manner.

 To make the face, I cheated and used a, pumpkin face pattern, from a pumpkin carving kit we have. I cut the pattern out in black felt and used the spray adhesive to adhere the pumpkin face. And that's it! Fill with candy and done!! Easy peasy!!!









2 comments:

Susie@homemaker-mom.com said...

Its so cute! Way to go! Looks so easy!

Lynn said...

Thank you! It was a fairly easy project! :)