Fall Favorite Recipe: Chicken with Apples, Onions & Sweet Potatoes

This is one of my favorite recipes.  Super easy.
You need:
  • 6-8 chicken pieces (I usually use legs or thighs)
  • 3 diced up apples (pretty large dice)
  • 1 or 2 chopped up onions
  • 1 lrg sweet potato, chopped
  • 1/2 c. chicken broth
  • brown sugar
  • salt (I like to use Lawry's salt for this)
  • tablespoon olive oil
Toss chopped apples, onions & sweet potato with olive oil, salt and brown sugar to coat mixture.
Line chicken pieces in baking dish and season (I usually use Lawry's salt). Spoon apple/potato mixture around chicken pieces and then pour chicken broth over. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes.
I usually serve with rice.
This picture is from right before I covered it to put in the oven. It's a really yummy Fall dish:)

Comments

Popular Posts